Tuesday, January 03, 2006

My 2005 in Review

Dave Macomber wrote a blog entry about what's happened to him in the year 2005. I liked it so thought I would write my own "what has happened to me in 2005".

- Moved out of the dorms, then home for 2 months, and then into an apartment in San Diego.
- Along with that dealt with feeling in "limbo" about where home really was for me. But now feeling much more comfortable.
- Had (and am still having) much of my sheltered world challenged and flipped upside down.
- I changed my major from Liberal Studies to Pre-Business.
- Declared a philosophy minor.
- Decided for sure to study abroad. Either fall or spring semester next year.
- Got straight A's for a semester (not likely to ever happen again).
- Said goodbye to friends the Smiths who moved to South Carolina.
- Made my first trip out of the country... to Mexico.
- Turned 20, goodbye teenage years!
- Saw way too many movies
- Worked at a job where I was subject to slobbering dogs.
- Realized that I will never not work again in my life until I retire.
- Had my car break down one too many times.
- Lost 15 pounds.
- Went to my first Soma show and Cox Arena concert. And saw my first SDSU musical... Batboy.
- Died and cut my hair in multiple ways.
- Joined myspace and facebook. Yet another addiction and way to procrastinate.
- Learned that I am really bad at getting to places on time. Especially when they are in the morning.
- Discovered Chipotle, Adahl's, Yogurt Express, and Chevy's.
- Worked a little with the Norwalk Youth Group. Went to camp as an intern and more recently helped out on a girl's retreat among a few other small outings.

Bring on 2006!

1 Comments:

At 1/04/2006 02:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey cool year end review.. i had fun at lunch today

 

Post a Comment

<< Home