Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Another Surfing Post

So I got to go out and surf today. I seriously had a blast. I didn't actually manage to stand up on the board, but not for lack of effort. I did get on my knees and to the point where I could get into the standing position, I just couldn't balance standing wise. Anyway, it was such a blast. I only got caught in one rip current, but managed to pull myself out. The weather was absolutely beautiful today, in the 80's. Our instructors said that the surf was a little big for beginners, but it was ok because we just stayed closer to the shore.
Oh yes, and I only got smacked in the face with my board once, and did a nose dive into the ground once and ran into someone else once. hehe.
One really cool thing. We can go to as many classes throughout the week as we want without paying extra. We just can't go to a couple of the Friday classes, or the Saturday ones because they are full. So when I don't have class, or work, then I'm definitely going to try to go to more classes! Hopefully next week I'll make it to standing! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home