Thursday, November 08, 2007

Bags

I am just going to say that 22 is way too young to have consistent bags under my eyes. I am SO TIRED right now and have been this whole week. But tomorrow I have a test in Finance, my absolute hardest and least favorite class. The info itself is challenging enough, and then I have a professor who thinks that not giving nearly enough time is ok, and that if only 3 students out of 250 are able to score a perfect 20 out of 20 then his test must be a good one.
But anyway here's a quick update:
Last Friday, my usually relaxing day, I worked so I could have Sunday off.
Last Saturday Club 56 had "Servant Saturday". We ended up making cards for every fire station in San Diego County (there's quite a few). We also went to the house of an older couple in the church who isn't able to make it often to church, mainly because of age, and just visited them. Then we went to different rooms where classes meet in the church and the kids prayed for the people in those classes.
My absolute favorite was when a 5th grader Kelly prayed for the singles group and said simply "Dear God, I pray for the singles, that they find someone". Pretty amazing, haha.
So that was from 9am until 3pm. I had work from 3-11.
Then Sunday we had the "Harvest Carnival" at night after church. It was postponed because of the fires. I helped work some of the stuff. By the time Monday rolled around I was anything but rested from the weekend.
I've had 2 quizzes and 1 test so far this week, and 1 test tomorrow.
No time to relax tomorrow because I have to work on and finish a group project after I get off work at 5pm.
Saturday I'm flying at 7:30am to Arizona to meet up with my family and visit my grandmother for her birthday. Sunday I'm coming back at night. Monday, which is a holiday, I'm working. Hopefully I'll get a chance to relax some on Monday.

And hence... the bags under the eyes.

1 Comments:

At 11/12/2007 05:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you gotta get that day of rest... even if that means saying "no" to "church" things. If you get worn out your no good to anyone. Good luck with that... I am stocked to hear about your serving saturday. Thats such a good idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home